- Dale Power Solutions and EFACS E/8
- ERP: Find a partner, not a product
- ERP in a post-Brexit economy
- Ready, steady, cook
- EFACS E/8 adapts to the world of hazardous chemicals
- Engineering excellence
- Webro connects with EFACS E/8
- Field Service News Podcast: Does size matter?
- ERP in the aerospace sector
- Exel celebrates 30 years in manufacturing tech
- Service with a smile
- EFACS E/8 provides group wide visibility
- Brave new world
- HV Wooding enjoy ongoing success with Exel EFACS E/8
- How do large Field Service companies gain competitive advantage?
- The factory floor’s handheld future
- ERP - what should you be looking for?
- Exel celebrates 30 years of innovation!
- Why you should consider a fully integrated solution
- How to make the change
EFACS E/8 adapts to the world of hazardous chemicals
Vickers Laboratories is a family-owned, UK-based company, making a wide range of chemicals for markets including primary and secondary education and pharmaceuticals, plus specialist niches like monitoring, measuring and contact lenses. Due to some products being classified as dangerous goods, the company has to work in a highly regulated environment and its IT system has to conform to this.
Vickers' business essentially falls into two key areas. Goods are either purchased in bulk then broken down, repackaged into smaller amounts and sold on, either as own brand or third party, or they are purchased, mixed to form new products and then packaged into the required sizes.
Whilst the company only deals with an average of 30-40 orders/day, it has a product range of 2,500+ and over 6,000 stock-keeping units. Moreover, orders may range from a 10 ml bottle to a 1,000 litre batch with raw materials being supplied in sizes from 0.01 gm to tonnes.