- ERP: Find a partner, not a product
- ERP in a post-Brexit economy
- EFACS E/8 adapts to the world of hazardous chemicals
- Ready, steady, cook
- Engineering excellence
- Webro connects with EFACS E/8
- Field Service News Podcast: Does size matter?
- ERP in the aerospace sector
- Exel celebrates 30 years in manufacturing tech
- Service with a smile
- EFACS E/8 provides group wide visibility
- Brave new world
- HV Wooding enjoy ongoing success with Exel EFACS E/8
- How do large Field Service companies gain competitive advantage?
- The factory floor’s handheld future
- ERP - what should you be looking for?
- Exel celebrates 30 years of innovation!
- Why you should consider a fully integrated solution
- How to make the change
Exel celebrates 30 years in manufacturing tech
Exel Computer Systems plc, the UK-based author and developer of EFACS E/8 Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, has announced a landmark achievement of 30 years' success in delivering IT solutions for the manufacturing sector.
In 1985 Dr John Ellis, Exel's founder and current chairman, established Exel Computer Systems having recognised a distinct market need for capacity planning systems whilst working on research projects at PERA. This led to the development of the first version of EFACS, a UNIX and Informix based software solution for capacity planning and manufacturing.
Since the company's inception in Nottingham, the team at Exel has been continuously developing, improving and expanding on that solution, and in many ways they have helped to deliver some of the advancements made within the manufacturing and service industries. Over the past 30 years, EFACS has grown from a capacity planning and production solution into a fully integrated comprehensive business solution, incorporating full ERP, financials, CRM, field service, document management, business intelligence, workflow, and mobile applications.
To read in full, please click on the link below: