- Dale Power Solutions - EFACS E/8 enables 40% revenue growth in just 3 years
- Safestyle - Eagle Field Service significantly increases engineer utilisation
- Bartoline’s close relationship with Exel meant upgrade was the obvious choice
- Advanex realise the benefits of a modern, fully integrated ERP solution
- Mi3 Ltd makes a long-term investment with EFACS E/8
- James Fisher Nuclear Grows the Business with EFACS E/8
- Bailies Coffee select Eagle Field Service with an eye on growth
- EFACS E/8 helps MRT Castings to grow, adapt and diversify
- A single, flexible, ERP solution for Mettis Aerospace
- Software upgrade brings new functionality to Naim Audio
- HV Wooding - A productive relationship with Exel since 1994
- Gordon Ellis - EFACS E/8 upgrade helps create a more streamlined, better business
- EFACS E/8 brings increased connectivity to Webro
- Triton Showers - Eagle Field Service brings increased agility & adaptability to a rapidly changing industry
- Nordson DAGE - EFACS E/8 a global solution
- Vickers Laboratories Ltd - EFACS E/8 adapts to the world of hazardous chemicals
- Lactalis McLelland - Major Cheese Producer Chooses EFACS
- EFACS E/8 puts McKenna in touch with shop floor to provide top floor benefits
- Linecross partners with Exel with a view to future growth
- Bennett Opie - Pickle and Preserve Manufacturer Benefits from Intelligent Workflow with EFACS
Bailies Coffee select Eagle Field Service with an eye on growth
Bailies Coffee Company was founded in 1993 by Russell Bailie, who recognised the growing demand for quality, freshly roasted and traceable coffee amongst an increasingly knowledgeable consumer base in the UK and Ireland. The business was born out of Bailie's own passion for quality hand roasted coffee.
The company began life as a roaster and supplier of coffee to the business to business market and quickly developed a reputation for quality and dependability. Under the guidance of Managing Director, Russell Bailie, they have expanded into the supply of commercial coffee machines, barista training, engineering support and ancillary products to wholesale coffee accounts - mostly artisan coffee shops, restaurants and some hotels, while continuing to be an artisan coffee roaster.
Bailies specialise in sourcing single origin and single estate coffees and aims for full traceability from origin, farm and farmer wherever possible. They also source and roast Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance and Organic coffees, and develop working relationships with ethical suppliers who have strong focus on sustainability for local farmers and growers.
However, roasting coffee is only one part of what they do. In addition, they provide barista training at the Bailies Academy and also provide a one-stop-shop for machines, engineer support and ancillary products.
The company has experienced further growth more recently and has expanded into the retail market through its online channels. The workforce has grown and Bailies moved to new, state of the art premises in 2014.
By 2013, Bailies recognised the need for an automated system for managing their field service engineers. Done on a case by case basis, call-outs and preventative maintenance were driven by customer contact. Russell Bailie decided that a system was needed to manage the engineers, so that their time would be used more effectively and customer service would improve.
A second catalyst for a new system was the fact that the company needed an integrated system that was fit for purpose for the company in its current state, whilst also requiring a scalable system, in order to support the needs of this fast growing business.
With two different but related sides to the business (roasting coffee and maintaining customer equipment), the challenge was to find a business solution that would meet the needs of both.
"What we liked best about the Eagle solution was that it was one system that could solve the needs of two distinctly separate business units" enthuses Russell Bailie.
Bearing in mind all of these factors, Bailies embarked on the process of sourcing the software solution and company that would be the best fit to their needs. Profitsflow.com and the Eagle Field Service product were quickly identified as the preferred option for the company, and the initial consultation and implementation process commenced.
"The ability to provide a turnkey product that they had the expertise and readiness to customise, without compromising on future upgrade paths, was instrumental in our decision to go with Eagle and Profitsflow," continues Bailie.
Since going live with Accounts and Order Processing as a first phase in December 2013, Bailies have incrementally rolled out the system across the Telesales, Field Sales, Field Service, Quality, Stock, Manufacturing and Purchasing departments.
The Field Service module, in particular, has benefited the company through the following ways.
Job and Engineer Scheduling
It is possible to schedule call-outs and planned maintenance activities using Eagle's ‘Assisted Scheduling' methodology, which is based on various criteria, for example, availability, proximity, urgency and level of expertise. Through this superior functionality, the customer's needs are met with greater speed and quality, saving time and money.
Engineers have access to critical data on their handheld devices in order to best address a customer's request. The engineer app provides contact information, customer history, related documents and additional information that is necessary and/or useful to complete the job.
Bailies can now organise routine customer visits by location to streamline the preventative maintenance process. Customer service visits are now being conducted in this manner as well, ensuring a consistent and quality product is delivered to the end consumer.
Accurate data on time spent per job, per day, per engineer, per customer, per region, etc. is all accessible at the touch of a button. True profitability, based on various criteria, can now be viewed, and where relevant, customers can be billed for the correct time and parts.
The Eagle system allows for the tracking of parts, both in the warehouse and in each engineer's van. The accuracy of which is paramount, as the primary objective of the scheduling tool is to get the right engineer to the right place, at the right time with the right kit.
Customer, Engineer and Scheduler Satisfaction
Bailies are now a well-oiled machine. Engineers and customers have expressed much improved levels of satisfaction.
Bailies Coffee is a client of Exel Computer Systems' Irish reseller profitsflow.com, a leading provider of fully integrated enterprise software solutions to the manufacturing and field service sectors throughout the island of Ireland.