Exel was established in 1985 and has gone from strength to strength in a highly-competitive market. We are based between Nottingham and Derby and provide ERP and Field Service systems to over 600 customers across the UK and the rest of the world. A career at Exel is an exciting and rewarding one with many opportunities.
We believe that talented and hardworking individuals should have the chance to grow and develop professionally. If you impress us, there are lots of great opportunities for career progression within the company.
We also offer our employees a great benefits package. This includes competitive salaries and a flexi-time system.
Exel is an equal opportunities employer: we select successful candidates based purely on skills and suitability for the position.
If you are interested in a career with Exel Computer Systems, in the first instance please send your CV to our careers department: email@example.com.
No Agencies please.
We are looking for talented individuals who would like to join an expanding implementation services team. The role requires many of the attributes listed below. If you would like to be considered for a position then please send a CV and covering letter to careers.
Main Purpose of Job
As an Implementation Consultant you will be working within an expanding business services team responsible for the implementation and delivery of the software product to its customers.
Skills & Experience Required
It is essential that you possess 2+ years experience in a software product implementation / consulting / professional services customer-facing environment. Specifically, you must have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Experience of the EFACS Manufacturing or Eagle Field Service software produced by Exel Computer Systems plc.
- Familiarity with the software product deployment lifecycle, methodologies and associated services.
- Ability to understand client business processes, methods, systems and procedures.
- Ability to identify and articulate solutions that will meet customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with customers’ staff, thereby enabling the exchange of technical and business information.
- Be active in defining on-going processes, best practice and services offerings.
- A methodical and organised approach to managing your schedule and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability and desire to grow with the organisation – so an ability to grasp new concepts quickly and work on your own initiative, is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with customers’ staff.
- You must have a willingness to travel extensively (potentially overseas), be a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
It would be desirable if you have experience / skills in a sub-set of the following areas:
- Windows Servers, Unix.
- Proficiency with Office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Proficiency with BIRT and crystal report writing tools.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Training customers on the EFACS and Eagle products.
- Identification of bespoke requirements.
- Solution design, product configuration, solution and integration testing, acceptance testing and support the client hand-over to ‘going live’.
- Provide general product consultancy and subject matter expertise to clients.
- Contribute to the development of on-going process, best practice and services offerings.
You will be expected to work as part of a customer-oriented project team to deliver a successful deployment of the product that meets the customer’s needs.
Our Marketing department currently has a vacancy for an experienced telemarketer. This is a great opportunity to join a growing UK company generating leads for our business software solutions.
Duties will comprise cold/warm telemarketing calls to companies in the UK in order to discuss the business management software that is currently in place, collecting information and ensuring our message is given in a professional manner. You will be creating a pipeline of prospective clients by ascertaining when a system review will likely occur and ensuring contact at the right time in order to generate bookings for our Information Days or sales leads for our sales team.
- Telemarketing/Telesales experience is essential
- IT market experience would be a help but not essential
- Experience in the fields of Manufacturing or Field Service would be a help but not essential
- The ability to speak confidently & professionally
- Mon-Fri 8:45 – 5pm (45min lunch)
- Located in Long Eaton
- Immediate start
We are currently looking for a new member to join the Support Department.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Exel Support Desk team providing customer service excellence to our customers that use our ERP and Field Service Management business systems.
This is a technical role for a team player who is motivated, energetic and has a positive approach to learning and should have:
- Experience or previous background in Engineering, Field Service, Accounting, ERP Systems or IT
- A good understanding of Relational Databases e.g. MSSQL, Informix, Oracle
- A logical approach to problem solving and a strong attention to detail
- The ability to work independently, quickly and accurately under pressure
- Understand the urgency of responding to customer enquiries
- Experience of providing technical advice and support to software users
- Strong communication skills and good verbal and written English