- Gripple and Exel - Two Decades of Success Together!
- Reabrook utilises EFACS’ flexibility to fit its complex niche
- Dale Power Solutions - EFACS E/8 enables 40% revenue growth in just 3 years
- Safestyle - Eagle Field Service significantly increases engineer utilisation
- Bartoline’s close relationship with Exel meant upgrade was the obvious choice
- Advanex realise the benefits of a modern, fully integrated ERP solution
- Mi3 Ltd makes a long-term investment with EFACS E/8
- Coram Showers - Shower manufacturer improves delivery process with EFACS
- James Fisher Nuclear Grows the Business with EFACS E/8
- Bailies Coffee select Eagle Field Service with an eye on growth
- EFACS E/8 helps MRT Castings to grow, adapt and diversify
- A single, flexible, ERP solution for Mettis Aerospace
- Software upgrade brings new functionality to Naim Audio
- HV Wooding - A productive relationship with Exel since 1994
- Gordon Ellis - EFACS E/8 upgrade helps create a more streamlined, better business
- EFACS E/8 brings increased connectivity to Webro
- Triton Showers - Eagle Field Service brings increased agility & adaptability to a rapidly changing industry
- Nordson DAGE - EFACS E/8 a global solution
- Vickers Laboratories Ltd - EFACS E/8 adapts to the world of hazardous chemicals
- Lactalis McLelland - Major Cheese Producer Chooses EFACS
Mini Gears changes up a gear with EFACS 8.5
Exel Computer Systems, the UK based author and developer of the innovative EFACS ERP system, announces that long term EFACS customer Mini Gears has successfully upgraded to the latest version of EFACS to increase competitive advantage. An EFACS customer for almost a decade, Mini Gears are keen to capitalise on the Document Management and Workflow capabilities of the latest version, EFACS E/8.
Established over 40 years ago, Mini Gears is one of the UK's largest and most respected manufacturers and suppliers of transmission and machined components. Drawing on its vast engineering experience and a comprehensive global supplier base, the £8m turnover company can either manufacturer high quality precision parts at its UK manufacturing site, or for high volume customers requiring substantial cost reduction, source these from a wide variety of trusted overseas suppliers.
For 9 years now EFACS has been a key element in managing the company's machine shop of over 40 resources including the latest 5 axis CNC one hit turning/milling machines. The Document Management and Workflow technologies in EFACS E/8 provided the primary upgrade motivation from 8.2, with the company also keen to make use of and benefit from EFACS' Time & Attendance functionality.
Phil Darwent is Managing Director of Mini Gears and he explains this in more detail. "We manufacture approximately 500 different parts per month with an average of 8 operations for each part which means we need to track and manage the workflow of 4000 operations per month. The Workflow capabilities in EFACS E/8 mean that we will be able to automate not only our production processes but also many of our repetitive and time consuming administration procedures."
He continues, "We work with a lot of paper technical drawings which present challenges in terms of ensuring that the right document is at the right place at the right time as well as the obvious physical storage and management issues. EFACS' Document Management will mean that we can be absolutely sure that the correct version of every relevant drawing is immediately to hand whenever it may be needed which in addition to saving considerable time and costs, ensures that we have 100% control of our standards and specifications.
Mini Gears also uses EFACS Time & Attendance for shop floor operatives and visitors and make use of Shop Floor Data Capture to collect information throughout the factory in real time. This allows the company to book hours in real time and to have immediate visibility of its current and projected workloads which in turn allows it to give customers more accurate delivery dates.
Jonathan Orme, Exel Marketing Manager, comments on the successful upgrade. "A high percentage of our hundreds of implementations around the world have been trusting their business with EFACS for many years and Mini Gears is a great example of this. Customers recognise the value that EFACS brings to their business and when they find themselves needing more from their ERP system, it's a logical choice for them to upgrade to the latest version of a system they already know and trust. We wish Mini Gears another decade and more of successful business with EFACS E/8."